Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fourth 'Pirates of the Carribbean' Lost at Sea


I find myself drifting with the tides a bit.

Should I be happy about the new "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides," or should I be really, really upset? I seem to be vacillating between the two.

See, there is no Will Turner or Elizabeth Swan in this movie. Instead, a new damsel in distress joins the storyline. Penelope Cruz plays Jack Sparrow's "lost love" and takes over Swan's place.  Geoffrey Rush will also be coming back with Johnny Depp to make this movie happen. 



When I searched to find more out about this movie, I found a sea of nothing. Ok, not completely nothing. Many people wrote quick snippets on their blogs about how lucky the actors must be for getting to film in Hawaii. Duh. Mentions of the movie's production were only a sentence or two long. 


I noticed that The Huffington Post touched on the subject on July 26th, 2010, but it again was just one of their writer's blogs and photo of a ship they were building for the movie.


Where is all the coverage, people? The other "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies did pretty well, and I would think that a lot of people (especially the younger crowds) would be really curious and excited about this one coming out on May 20, 2011.


Apparently not.


Perhaps newspapers find it pointless to be talking of a movie that still has half a year to finish up. Or, perhaps this movie has horrible advertising methods. Either way, it needs some publicity, and people want it!


Why not interview Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz together? Why not interview the director? Even entertainment shows could get great material off of going to the set of the filming and give away a few tasty morsels of the movie's secrets.


I'm extremely intrigued by Captain Jack Sparrow's adventure to find the fountain of youth. Newspapers, magazines, and TV shows need to start doing some investigating.


I'm drowning in anticipation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text